First Friday Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, announces that First Friday is a virtual event on May 1st as we continue to stay connected while practicing social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please check Instagram TV for pre-recorded messages and activities from our community throughout the night. Items from your favorite local First Friday artists are available at our online shopping venue at ffflv.org
Key elements for this month include:
- Timing – From 6pm to 9pm.
- Link to Virtual First Friday – @firstfridaylv
- First Friday’s Featured Artist – Jef Logan, a first generation American Filipino, is a self-taught artist. He has been doodling and drawing figures since childhood and took a few art courses in college. Jef’s style incorporates movements of flow, strong textures, bold colors, and stylized figures with a subjective symbolic narrative left for the observer’s interpretation.
- Also featuring – Mary Felker, high school art teacher (Painting, Drawing & Printmaking) and artist. She focuses on making art inspired by adventure, rock climbing in Red Rock Canyon Conservation Area, and other desert adventures. As an artist Mary Felker started out primarily as an oil painter and pastel portrait artist but has since evolved to be a pastel and an ink and watercolor artist, now transforming her artwork into screen prints for t-shirt printing.
- Live Entertainment – Diego Morales, Las Vegas saxophonist, plays live during the virtual event. There will also be a Deblanc Music segment from several of your favorite students normally seen on our stages.
The First Friday Foundation posts updates and special offers through its social media channels – on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The First Friday website is www.ffflv.org where donations to this non-profit are gratefully accepted.
Thanks to all our generous May sponsors:
- City of Las Vegas
- Diageo Brands
- Air Quality Control
- CraftHaus Brewery
- Channel 3
- Resort Stay International
- Green Thumb Industries
ABOUT FIRST FRIDAY FOUNDATION
First Friday Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and advancing local arts and culture in Las Vegas. To donate or for more information on First Friday, please visit Facebook page, Instagram or follow on Twitter or visit ffflv.org