Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim, inside Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, will open for its 2020 season on June 15. Sitting at an elevation of more than 8,000 feet, the comparatively tranquil North Rim receives just one-tenth of the visitation of the South Rim and is known for its recreational activities including hiking trails, mule rides and exploring the local flora and fauna.
To comply with current public health guidelines, the historic lodge will open with certain operational changes, including offering takeout orders and grab and go food options including pizza and sandwiches available at the deli and the saloon. Also, a limited restaurant menu for breakfast from 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m., lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and dinner from 4:30 to 9:00 p.m. The general store is open. A limited number of cabins will be available to guests to account for social distancing. In addition, staff will no longer share living quarters and will be housed separately in observance of social distancing mandates.
“As people increasingly seek outdoor destinations for the 2020 summer travel season, we have enhanced our already high cleanliness standards,” said John Schoppmann, executive vice president, Forever Resorts, the concessioner operating Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim. “We continue to monitor new guidelines to ensure our public health protocol follows the latest recommendations to safeguard the health of our staff members and guests.”
In addition to using the EPA recommended cleaning and sanitizing chemicals, the lodge has implemented the following supplemental standard operating procedures:
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing frequency for all public and staff areas.
- Sanitizing stations located throughout the property for employee and guest use and are checked frequently.
- Public touch points such as doorknobs, railings and faucets are cleaned and sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
- Public surfaces such as counters and bathrooms are cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- All guest room surfaces are sanitized thoroughly prior to new guest arrivals.
- Increased staff training and awareness regarding maintaining cleanliness and hygiene as related to current public health considerations.
To make reservations, visit www.grandcanyonforever.com or call (877) 386-4383.