Anybody who has an air conditioning system in their home will more than likely need to contract an HVAC technician at some point. It might be that you need repairs or are looking to enhance or carry out maintenance work that you cannot do yourself.
Hiring an air conditioning contractor in Las Vegas can be a little daunting as you need to have a certain amount of trust in someone to let them loose on your home, you will be paying them money, and, frankly, in the sweltering Las Vegas summer, air conditioning is not something that you can last long without!
So, if you need to hire an air conditioning contractor in Las Vegas – for whatever reason, here are five tips on finding a good, trustworthy and effective one:
- Find out about brands and educate yourself – Check what brand your AC system is and find out a little about it. When you call to speak to a technician ask them about your specific brand, if they stock it (and its parts), what they know about it and what experience they have in dealing specifically with it. If you are satisfied that they really do understand your system and can work with it, then you can proceed to consider them for hire.Now that you know a little about your air conditioning system, go a bit further and try to educate yourself better about your specific system, its possibilities and requirements, so that you can have an informed conversation with the technician both before you hire them and once that they are there doing the work. This will not only make you feel more at ease with them (and the work that they are doing, prices etc.) but also show them that you have an understanding of what they are doing – and more likely to be honest with you.
- Check if they they are licensed, bonded and insured – Before hiring a contractor (not only in HVAC industry) be sure that the company that you want to collaborate with fulfills all state requirements. To work as an HVAC contractor in Las Vegas, the Nevada State Contractors Board requires all contractors to be state-licensed and to carry and maintain a license bond. In addition, Nevada law requires all business owners to have workers compensation insurance to cover any accidents or injuries workers may suffer during the course of their work
- Online reviews – One of the most effective ways to know that you are hiring the right person Is by contracting a person who has been recommended by someone you know. That isn`t always possible, however. The next best thing is to read reviews online from other people who have used the same contractor, and can give you an honest appraisal of their work and how they worked for them – including knowing whether they would hire them again.
- Payment Schedule – Check what their payment details are like – do you need to pay a deposit, can you break down the payments, how are parts and labour broken down, for example. Different people prefer different schedules, so it is important that you have this all clear and set out before they start to carry out the work. Make sure that everything is written down and signed before they begin, and don’t forget to read the small print!
- Project Type – With the additional knowledge that you have about your specific system and requirements – whether it be an ac repair, extension, fitting or something else – you should be able to easily discuss what kind of project it is and how your HVAC technician can help you. Make sure that they can do, and have experience in your project type and if need be, ask for some references to see some of their work.
Choosing the right HVAC technician can take a little extra work, but it is worth the effort in the long run. By being as well-informed as possible, you will be able to make an increasingly informed choice about who is best to carry out the work for you which will also make you feel happier that you are hiring the right person.