SHARE Village Las Vegas, formerly Veterans Village supports the Veterans who currently reside here, as well as about 2,000 people per day who are receiving assistance such as food, water and emergency supplies from SHARE Village.
SHARE Village is open 24 hours a day and needs your help! Here are their needs/asks for the community:
- With the new mask mandate, homemade or disposable mask donations have been elevated to urgent.
- Volunteers: To help distribute food, resources, and participate in improvement projects around the Village, individuals, businesses/organizations, and groups interested in volunteering their time is encouraged to contact Arnold Stalk at 702-624-5792.
- Carpet: The supply of new, commercial grade carpet is depleted and needed
- The need for bottled water donations continues and will be critical as the weather heats up. People can donate bottled water to Veterans Village at 50 N. 21st St., Las Vegas, NV 89101. They do NOT need to get out of their cars unless they choose to. They can pull up to the gate, and ask the people working there to take the water from their vehicles.
- Food donations. SHARE Village has increased its pantry service from 4 times a week to 14 pantry distributions, which represents a more than 500% increase in distributions to Veterans and other residents, those that are “shut ins” (seniors, disabled individuals or individuals in quarantine due to COVID-19, who are shut in and unable to access food; approximately 65-80 boxes delivered to shut ins per day), and the surrounding community. This also includes “door to door” food and emergency supply care packages. Pantry hours are 8 a.m.-noon.
- Monetary donations. People can go online to www.sharelasvegas.org to make a donation. $25 houses a person for one night; $175 houses a person for a week; and $750 houses a person for a month.