The season is officially changing. Fall is here, COVID-19 restrictions are easing, and small events are popping up around the community, making the thought of the last 91 days of 2020 a little more bearable. With virtual events, online launches, and in-person food and shopping experiences on the horizon, check out what’s happening at Fergusons Downtown during the month of October.
Food Popups (in The Alley and The Yard at Fergusons Downtown)
- Saturday, October 3 from 11am-5pm in The Yard – Yaqui Zen will pop up with their vegan street food, including handmade tamales, tortas and jackfruit ceviche nachos
- Saturday, October 10 from 10am-5pm in The Yard – Phytos Vegan Eatswill be offering their delicious vegan hot dogs
- Sunday, October 11 in The Alley – Yukon Pizza and Sundown Mushrooms will collaborate on a food popup, offering fresh, woodfired sourdough pizzas with gourmet ingredients and mushrooms
Outdoor Marketplace (indoor/outdoor in-person shopping)
- Saturday, October 10 & Saturday, October 24 from 10am to 1pm
Fergusons Downtown will host an Outdoor Marketplace in The Yard, featuring a regularly rotating selection of more than six local vendors offering their handmade, vintage finds, and/or limited-run wears. Across the street, The Alley will also host vendor popups, including Burnt Boutique, Love Em Couture and more. With the goal of eventually growing the marketplace into the ever-popular Market in the Alley, these small, socially distanced experiences are a great way to check out locally made products, support the creative/maker community and enjoy some fresh air. All Fergusons Downtown shops and Mothership Coffee Roasters will be open during the outdoor marketplaces.
Pour in the Alley (virtual tastings)
- Sunday, October 11 at 7pm
Beer and ice cream might seem like an unlikely pair, but Pour in the Alley is partnering with Happy Ending Chocolates and Big Dogs Brewery to prove that these indulgences can, in fact, work together. The Big Dogs Brewery & Ice Cream Tacos virtual tasting package includes six Big Dogs brews (Chein D’Or, Year of the Dog, Au Naturale, Las Vegas Craft Lager, Underbite IPA and Red Hydrant Brown Ale), which will be paired with the Birthday Cake, Cookie Butter and Orange Creamsicle ice cream tacos. Tickets are $49.99 and available on www.fergusonsdowntown.com until Saturday, October 10 at 12pm.
- Wednesday, October 21 at 7pm
Pour in the Alley is celebrating National Mezcal Day with a deep dive into the magical world of Mezcal. The Ilegal Mezcal with Tacos & Beer virtual tasting package includes a 750ml bottle of Ilegal Respesado; 750ml bottle of Ilegal Joven; an 8oz craft cocktail mix; and a paired meal from Tacos & Beer with Mexican-style shrimp cocktail; a trio of tacos (carne asada, baja and chile relleno); and Churro Cake with Spiced Mezcal Chocolate Sauce. Tickets are $110 and available on www.fergusonsdowntown.com until Monday, October 19 at 2pm.
Jam Unplugged (online)
- Every Friday
Looking for Friday evening plans? Jam Unplugged presents a new artist feature every Friday. Offering a live acoustic performance with an accompanying podcast for the artist to go deeper into their process, inspirations and more, Jam Unplugged gives listeners an intimate look at and listen to Vegas’ local music scene. Tune in every Friday at www.fergusonsdowntown.com.
Continued COVID-19 and Safety Restrictions
- In order to do their part, reduce the spread of COVID-19 and comply with all government-mandated regulations, customers are asked to respect the 6-foot socially distanced recommendations, and masks are required at all times indoors and outdoors at Fergusons Downtown. The team is also committed to regular cleaning and sanitation of all surfaces, doorknobs and public areas. Sanitation areas are located around Fergusons Downtown for easy hand cleaning and locally made masks for both adults and children are available for purchase at the greeter station.