During making a difference month, non-profit organization, Project Marilyn, is donating feminine hygiene products, to serve low income families and women, by joining with The Just One Project at their upcoming ‘Pop Up and Give’ locations on October 24, 2020.
Project Marilyn provides feminine supplies to those in need with monthly bags containing tampons, pads and hygiene wipes to last thru their menstrual cycle. Since its inception in 2019, the non-profit has partnered with more than 35 shelters and agencies, such as Communities in Schools, Westcare, LVMPD, Care Complex, the Salvation Army and the Las Vegas Rescue Mission and has donated 5,000 of these bags, as well as 72,000 individual maxi pads.
“1 in 4 women have period poverty. By joining with The Just One Project, it gives us direct access to providing support for the clients they serve, says Wendi Schweigart, founder of Project Marilyn. “Our hope is that we will be able to give everyone dignity with their period. PERIOD. Project Marilyn values community relationships, like what they have with The Just One Project, to be able to help #endperiodpoverty in Southern Nevada.”
Pop Up & Give with Project Marilyn – October 24, 2020:
- Brinley Middle School, 2480 Maverick Street, Las Vegas, NV 89108 – 9 a.m.
- Bonanza High School, 6665 Del Rey Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89146 – 9 a.m.
- Cimarron Memorial High School, 2301 N. Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, NV 89128 – 9 a.m.
- Cortney Jr. High School, 5301 E. Hacienda Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89122 – 10 a.m.
- Kenny Guinn Middle School, 4150 S. Torrey Pines Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89101 – 10 a.m.
The impactful project is volunteer driven and funded by community partners. Interested volunteers, of all ages, can sign up at www.projectmarilyn.com.