On Thanksgiving Day, area restaurants, including Chefs James Trees of Esther’s Kitchen and Johnny Church of Johnny C’s diner, came together in partnership to support seniors who are food insecure in light of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Together, they provided an an a-la-carte hot Thanksgiving meal to more than 143 Seniors at the LGBTQ Center of Southern Nevada. Due to gathering guidelines this year, instead of dining together, they served the meals, drive-thru style.
This annual event was organized by Jason Harris. The following local chefs and restaurants that featured special dishes included:
- Chef James Trees of Esther’s Kitchen: Herb roasted Diestel turkey, Esther’s sourdough stuffing, sage and rosemary giblet gravy;
- Scott Pajak of Triple B: Homemade cranberry sauce with raspberries and blackberries, French bread with whipped butter;
- Gina Marinelli of La Strega: Herbed mashed potatoes with grana Padano and Sicilian olive oil;
- Girair Gourmroian of Meraki Greek Grill Las Vegas: Meraki lemon rice with toasted orzo;
- Justin Kingsley Hall of Main St. Provisions: Wood roasted rainbow carrots marinated with equal parts milk and honey;
- Jainine Jaffer: Fresh green beans smothered in a scratch-made caramelized onion and mushroom peppercorn gravy;
- Jordan Camacho and Trevor Garret of To Be Frank (TBF): TBF potato salad with fried potato, Kewpie mayonnaise, Dijon sour cream, Nueske’s bacon and scallions; TBF banana pudding;
- Marc Marrone of Graffiti Bao: Tri-color maple candied yams;
- Antonia Nunez of Blume Kitchen & Cocktails, The Stove and Mariposa Cocina & Cocktails: Collard greens, fried sweet potato arancini, sweet potatoes stuffed with marshmallows rolled in Frosted Flakes and topped with sweet rum butter;
- John Church of Johnny C’s: Desert Bloom Farms greens;
- Brian Howard and Andrea Mclean of Sparrow + Wolf: Pop N’ Pies egg custard pie;
Seniors were able to pick up their complimentary meal on Thursday, Nov. 26 from noon to 5 p.m. at 401 S. Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89101.