First Friday Foundation has announced that the beloved community event, First Friday, is back again – “Take Two” on May 7th.
Given current COVID-19 requirements, the art walk will allow 250 people in its footprint at a time. The art walk area on Boulder Avenue and First Street will feature 35 First Friday artists and craftspeople.
The food garden and bar area will also allow 250 visitors at a time. Guests can RSVP to the event on www.ffflv.org.
Key elements for this month include:
- Hours of Operation – 5:00 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- First Friday Footprint – Given COVID-19 restrictions, there will be entrances and exits to the art walk on Art Way and 1st Street plus entrances into the food garden and bar in the Art Square parking lot and Art Way. The Art Walk is on Boulder Ave. in front of the Arts Factory and on 1st Street. The food garden and bar are in the Art Square parking lot and on S. Art Way – no open food or beverages can leave this area.
- COVID-19 Requirements – All guests entering the art walk will be required to wear face masks and non-invasive temperature checks will be taken at the entrances. All food and beverages must be consumed in the food garden and bar area. Only packaged food can leave this area. Only 250 people at a time will be permitted to enter the art walk area.
- First Friday’s Featured Artist – Mila May is a local Las Vegas artists and muralist. She creates whimsical characters, imaginary landscapes, out-of-this-world murals and also wood cut outs.
- Live Entertainment – Live local entertainment on city of Las Vegas stage located in food and beverage garden throughout the night.
- Food Trucks – Twelve favorite food trucks will be featured in the food garden.
- Other arts district art galleries, restaurants, bars and other retail businesses will also be open for First Friday.
- Parking Info – Free parking on surrounding streets, city paid parking lot areas on www.parkwhiz. Paid parking lot located at Arts Square/Mission Linen Building parking lot on Coolidge and Arts Way.
The First Friday Foundation will post updates and special offers on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels – on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV.
The website, www.ffflv.org, is active and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted.
Alternative to driving to the event:
- Downtown Loop provides transportation throughout downtown and to First Friday during the event.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, craftspeople. Curated by artist Izaac Zevalking. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity. Artists in tents at the event and in the many galleries surrounding the event.
Art Walk 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. showcases work by primarily local artists. Check out the artists booths in the event and be sure to stop in the many galleries in the arts district – Arts Factory, Art Square, along Main Street.
Family fun – there is always something fun for the whole family at First Friday.
Music – Check website for live entertainment.
Food & Drink – 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from the many food trucks, artisan food vendors and restaurants throughout the First Friday footprint and the entire arts district.
Stay on VegasNews.com for more coverage on all the local happenings in Vegas.