“Horny” Mike, Nevada Stupak, John Katsilometes, Dayna Roselli, Sean McAllister, Scott Roeben and YESCO’s Wes VanDyke to select winner of $10,000 prize on Halloween
Circa Resort & Casino will light up downtown Las Vegas this Halloween with its first-ever $10,000 Vegas Vickie “Neon Idol” costume contest. The adults-only casino resort is on the search for the best recreation of the iconic neon kicking cowgirl. The winner will take home the major cash prize and a one-of-a-kind Vegas Vickie print from YESCO, the company that restored the sign for her return as a signature art piece in Circa’s lobby.
Neon Idol will be judged by a panel of notable Las Vegas personalities who will select the most creative and show-stopping Vegas Vickie lookalike. Judges include:
- “Horny” Mike – Mike Henry – also known as, “Horny” Mike – is featured on the popular reality TV show “Counting Cars” on The History Channel. Through his tremendous airbrush skills, he brings “out-there” ideas to life at Count’s Kustoms, providing advice whenever extraordinary projects come through the shop’s doors.
- Nevada Stupak – Vegas Vickie was created by Nevada Stupak’s father, Bob Stupak. Thanks to his father, Stupak grew up immersed in stories about Vegas Vickie’s creation, in addition to all aspects of the hospitality and gaming experience. Stupak is the CEO of Stupak Las Vegas, a local corporate travel and event planning company.
- John Katsilometes – Celebrated entertainment columnist John “Kats” Katsilometes is an award-winning journalist. A mainstay of the Las Vegas media industry, Katsilometes currently writes the “Man About Town” column for the Las Vegas Review-Journal and can be spotted at the hottest shows in the city on a nightly basis.
- Dayna Roselli and Sean McAllister– Roselli and McAllister are co-owners and co-founders of Insightful Media and hosts of the Vegas Revealed podcast, which focuses on Las Vegas hotspots and happenings and consistently ranks amongst the top entertainment news podcasts. Roselli also can be heard on Highway Radio weekly sharing the latest Las Vegas news and previously worked for KLAS-TV, KXNT Radio and KTNV-TV in Las Vegas as an anchor and reporter. McAllister served as an entertainment news and lifestyle reporter and co-host for FOX5 Las Vegas’ popular lifestyle program, MORE Access.
- Scott Roeben – Scott Roeben is the founder of VitalVegas.com, a Las Vegas travel site and media empire, including a wildly popular Twitter account (@VitalVegas). He is also the inventor of the “Vital Vegas-style” brisket fried rice at Circa’s 8 East restaurant and is a frequent contributor to the resort’s slot machines.
- Wes VanDyke – Wes VanDyke, YESCO’s vice president and Las Vegas regional manager, will also join the panel. Wes will offer the unique perspective of what it took to make Vegas Vickie into the star she is today.
Neon Idol entrants must be 21 years of age or older and incorporate neon elements into their costumes. Only Vegas Vickie costumes will be judged for the contest. Registration will be open Halloween night from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Stadium Swim’s entrance. A costume parade will take place at 7:30 p.m., followed by the awarding of the Neon Idol 2021 title at 9 p.m. on Fremont Street Experience’s First Street Stage, which is adjacent to Circa’s entrance.
Vegas Vickie has been a staple in the downtown Las Vegas scene since she made her first appearance on the Fremont Street Experience in 1980. Circa’s owners, Derek and Greg Stevens, acquired the sign in 2016, later restoring her and placing her as a centerpiece to Circa’s lobby. She can now be seen kicking her mechanical boot to welcome visitors to her namesake cocktail lounge, Vegas Vickie’s.