Beginning January 5, 2009, CityCenter will be accepting applications to fill more than 12,000 jobs, marking the largest single new employment opportunity in Las Vegas’ history.
“To see this unprecedented undertaking to fruition, we need smart, passionate individuals who bring a diversity of perspectives and abilities to our company,” said Bobby Baldwin, CityCenter’s president and CEO. “We encourage every person in pursuit of a truly rewarding career to apply.”
CityCenter will be hiring for positions at ARIA Resort & Casino, Vdara Hotel & Spa and Crystals, the development’s retail and entertainment district. In addition, Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas and The Harmon Hotel, Spa & Residences, each managed by other companies, will be accepting applications through the Web site beginning Spring 2009. Opportunities are available in a variety of categories including food and beverage, hotel operations, casino operations, retail management, entertainment, finance, human resources, facilities, security and more.
KEY EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
- Applicants may visit www.citycentercareers.com beginning January 5 to fill out applications
- After completing the online application, local applicants will self-schedule an in-person application review; qualified out-of-market applicants will complete their application reviews via telephone
- Interviews for current MGM MIRAGE employees will be scheduled beginning in February; external interviews in April
- Interested candidates who do not have a computer will have access to computers through a number of community organizations. A complete list and contact information can be found at citycentercareers.com
- Start dates will begin in September, ramping up through December
- For additional information, applicants can call 702-590-CITY (2489) or (866) 909-CITY (2489)
- Job fairs will be announced at a later date
CityCenter is a joint venture between MGM MIRAGE and Infinity World Development Corp, a subsidiary of Dubai World. The dazzling vertical city will transform the Las Vegas Strip when it opens in late 2009. Talented applicants with a commitment to service excellence have the chance not only to be part of this landmark destination, but also to enjoy the rewards of being an employee of MGM MIRAGE, the world’s premier developer and operator of luxury resorts. Nevada Business Journal named MGM MIRAGE one of the “Best Companies to Work for” while Fortune recognized it as one of the “Top 50 Best Companies in the U.S. for Minorities.”
CityCenter will reward its employees’ talent, hard work and dedication to providing quality service with a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a choice of healthcare coverage options and retirement savings plans.
CityCenter is an unprecedented urban metropolis that will open in late 2009 on 67 acres between Bellagio and Monte Carlo resorts on the Las Vegas Strip. CityCenter will feature ARIA, a 61-story, 4,000-room gaming resort; three luxury non-gaming hotels including Las Vegas’ first Mandarin Oriental, The Harmon Hotel, Spa & Residences and Vdara Hotel; Veer Towers, the development’s only strictly residential buildings; approximately 2,600 condominium residences; and Crystals, a 500,000-square-foot retail and entertainment district.
CityCenter also will feature a $40 million public fine art program with works by acclaimed artists including Maya Lin, Jenny Holzer, Nancy Rubins, Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, among others.
For more information about CityCenter, please visit www.citycenter.com.