In honor of National Volunteer Week April 18-24, United Way’s Volunteer Center of Southern Nevada is encouraging creative community participation with unique and easy tips on how to give back. National Volunteer Week is celebrated across the United States and encourages ordinary people to do extraordinary things to improve communities.
Ways individuals can make an impactful difference:
- Make a difference in a hungry or homeless person’s life by serving soup, tea, bread, and a friendly smile
- Sort, organize and stock shelves with food and assist individuals with their needs
- Help an unemployed individual get started in a new community by assisting with job searches
- Beautify homes for people in need
- Help a high school student excel by tutoring in subjects such as calculus, chemistry, and English
Currently, United Way’s Volunteer Center has more than 180 unique volunteer opportunities to connect individuals, families, teams, and corporate groups to meet critical community needs. To find a volunteer opportunity right for you, visit the Volunteer Center of Southern Nevada at www.VolunteerCenterSN.org.