The CLIO Awards, one of the world’s most recognized international advertising and design competitions honoring creative excellence and innovation in the industry, today announced online registration is now open for the 50th Anniversary CLIO Awards to be held May 12 – 14, 2009 at the premier entertainment destination, The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
According to a Nielsen Business Media survey of 1,800 advertising industry professionals conducted in August 2008, Las Vegas was cited as the most preferred, attractive – and with $132 guest room rates – an affordable option for the 50th Anniversary CLIO Awards. Las Vegas is a city internationally renowned for its bright lights and great entertainment – the perfect venue to showcase the tremendous talent and creativity within the industry.
In addition to attending the 50th Anniversary CLIO Awards, festival delegates will be able to network, dine and socialize, as well as participate in three days of educational conference sessions and panels at venues all conveniently located within the hotel.
“Despite the economic pressures being faced by the advertising community, we understand the importance that an award show can provide to the industry. Even during these challenging times, CLIO wanted to provide the creative community with the ability to network, share insights and learn from industry leaders,” said Wayne Youkhana, director of the CLIO Awards. “Hosting the 50th Anniversary CLIO Awards at The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas allows festival delegates a cost-effective way to attend the event, without sacrificing all of the extra comforts that they have come to expect.”
The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino recently underwent an $800 million expansion project, which included the addition of approximately 860, fully-modern guest rooms, as well as the expansion of the Hard Rock’s award-winning pool, several new restaurants and bars, a new nightclub, a new live entertainment venue, multiple new retail outlets, and a new spa and health club.
Hard Rock venues highlighted during the CLIOs include:
- Wasted Space – a new, stylish rock & roll club that will host the three-day CLIO conference sessions
- The Joint – a state-of-the-art show facility that will host the Print & Radio Awards, Emerging Media Awards, and Moving Image Awards
- Ago Restaurant – a widely-recognized Vegas eatery owned by actor Robert De Niro and restaurateur Agostino Sciandri will host the Lifetime Achievement Awards, and Design Awards
- The Poker Lounge – the new Poker Lounge will host the Print and Radio Awards After Party
- Body English – the ultimate Vegas nightclub for after-parties
- The Hard Rock Pool Cabanas – relax during the day at the pool and fully-staffed cabanas
- The CLIO Hospitality Suite and Screening Room – view the CLIO 50th Reel in the private screening room or use the suite to check your e-mail and network
The hotel reservation line will open on January 15, 2009. Guests will enjoy inexpensive room rates of $132 per night (prices may vary based on size of room, length of stay, and additional room tax). Online registration is now open and features convenient price packages that include access to the five, new CLIO award shows, educational conferences and panels, after parties, hospitality suite and screening room as well as the Hard Rock Pool Cabanas. Online registration information and the 2009 conference schedule is available online at www.clioawards.com
For Hard Rock Hotel reservations in the U.S., please call: 1-800-693-7625
International Callers: 001.702.693.5544