The CLIO Awards, one of the world’s most prestigious international advertising and design competitions honoring creative excellence and innovation in the industry, today announced the highly influential industry leaders from around the world who will serve as executive jury chairs for the 50th Anniversary CLIO Awards to be held May 12 – 14, 2009 in Las Vegas.
The appointments are as follows:
- Content & Contact – Rob Reilly, Partner/Co-Executive Creative Director: Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Boulder/Miami, USA
- Design – Stefan Sagmeister, President: Sagmeister Inc., New York, USA
- Interactive – Nick Law, Chief Creative Officer, North America: R/GA, New York, USA
- Print/Poster/Innovative Media/Integrated Campaign – Marcello Serpa, General Creative Director: AlmapBBDO, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Radio – Warren Brown, Executive Creative Director: BMF, Sydney, Australia
- Technique – Michelle Curran, President: Amber Music, London/Los Angeles/New York
- Television/Cinema/Digital – Mark Tutssel, Chief Creative Officer: Leo Burnett Worldwide, Chicago, USA
Strategic Communications/Public Relations – Richard Edelman, President & Chief Executive Officer: Edelman, New York, USA
“In order to honor great work, CLIO has appointed the most strategic, innovative and creative individuals in the advertising industry to serve as executive jury chairs for the 50th Anniversary CLIO Awards,” said Wayne Youkhana, director of the CLIO Awards. “These individuals not only demonstrate a profound understanding of the rapidly-changing dynamics of the marketplace, but are also creative leaders in the industry who consistently inspire fresh thinking in all mediums.”
This year’s three-day CLIO festival will be held May 12 – 14, 2009 in Las Vegas, and will feature five distinct award shows, receptions, after-parties, a comprehensive and forward-thinking educational conference featuring the world’s greatest creative minds, a 50th Anniversary CLIO Awards viewing gallery, as well as networking opportunities for CLIO delegates.
The five distinct award shows are:
- Moving Image Awards – recognizing Television/Cinema/Digital & Television/Cinema/Digital Technique mediums
- Emerging Media Awards – recognizing Content & Contact, Innovative Media, Interactive, and Integrated mediums
- Communications Awards* – recognizing Print, Radio, Direct Mail, Poster and Billboard mediums, as well as Strategic Communications and Public Relations
- Design Awards – recognizing Design mediums
- Lifetime Achievement Awards – recognizing the outstanding and ongoing contribution of an individual who leads the industry forward
The entry submission deadline for the advertising category is January 23, 2009 for all work appearing between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2008. The entry submission deadline for the Strategic Communications/Public Relations category is February 13, 2009 for any campaign appearing between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2008.
For additional information, please visit www.clioawards.com.
*The Print and Radio Awards show has been renamed the Communications Awards, as the category now includes the Strategic Communications/Public Relations awards.