Today the Academy of Country Music announced the full list of events celebrating what has come to be called “The Week Vegas Goes Country” — the week of the 44th ANNUAL Academy of Country Music Awards which are produced for television by Dick Clark Productions and will be broadcast LIVE from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 8:00 PM live ET/delayed PT on the CBS Television Network.
The ARTIST OF THE DECADE SPECIAL honoring George Strait will be taped in the same location the next night, April 6, 2009 and will air at a later date on the CBS Television Network.
The list of events–some new, some revamped–includes the ACM New Artists’ Show on Fremont Street, the ACM Chairman’s Ride, the 6th Annual ACM Celebrity Golf Classic, All-Star Jam, Divas Downtown on Fremont Street, and more. Details are as follows:
Friday, April 3, 2009
- ACM New Artists’ Show on Fremont Street – For the first time ever, the Academy of Country Music presents the New Artists’ Show on Fremont Street! This free and open-to-the-public concert starts at 6:30pm and features performances by the newest and best artists in country, on two stages in downtown Las Vegas! Specific show times, performers and stage locations to be announced at a later date.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
- ACM Chairman’s Ride – Formerly called the ACM Charity Motorcycle Ride, this event has grown from its inception and for the first time ever, will be an invitation-only exclusive opportunity for artists and industry VIPs to experience a scenic half-day ride through the gorgeous Nevada landscape. Artists scheduled to participate include Toby Keith and Montgomery Gentry. The event benefits the Academy of Country Music Charitable Fund (ACMCF). Event details and timing will be made available only to invited, registered participants.
- 6th Annual Academy of Country Music Celebrity Golf Classic – Hosted for the second consecutive year by Rascal Flatts, this tournament tees off at 11:00am at the luxurious TPC Las Vegas and features superstars of country music. The event always sells out, and for a limited time, a number of foursomes are available for purchase, benefitting the Diane Holcomb Emergency Fund, which offers immediate financial aid and support to members of the country music community who find themselves in need. For more information on how to participate, email Erin Spahn at [email protected].
- Divas Downtown on Fremont Street – Featuring performances by Julianne Hough, Kellie Pickler, and LeAnn Rimes, this free and open-to-the-public concert will begin at 6:30pm on Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas. Specific show times, additional performers and stage location to be announced at a later date.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
- 44th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards – Hosted by Reba McEntire for a record 11th time, and featuring the hottest performances by today’s superstars of country, the Awards will once again take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
- ACM All-Star Jam – This raucous, no-holds-barred jam features impromptu performances from the artists who participate in the Awards. Past performers have included Big & Rich, Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Kelly Clarkson, Sara Evans, Jack Ingram, Jewel, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Montgomery Gentry, James Otto, Brad Paisley, Kellie Pickler, Taylor Swift, Sugarland, Gretchen Wilson, Dwight Yoakam, and many, many more.
Even though both the Academy of Country Music Awards and All-Star Jam are already sold-out, fans may still purchase VIP trip packages which include tickets to both events! VIP packages–offered for the first time ever this year–include one-of-a-kind experiences such as access to rehearsals, access to the fan “pit” area right in front of the stage, and more. For more information, visit www.acmtrips.com.
Monday, April 6, 2009
- ACM Artist of the Decade Special Honoring George Strait – This Academy honor is bestowed on an artist only once every decade, and this year the brightest stars in the industry will pay tribute to the “King of Country” George Strait. Only four other acts have received this accolade, including Marty Robbins in 1969, Loretta Lynn in 1979, Alabama in 1988 and Garth Brooks in 1998. Tickets are still available for this show, which benefits the ACMCF and will air at a later date on CBS Television Network from the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Performers and special elements of the show will be announced at a later date.