The wait is nearly over as Las Vegas’ hottest pool party destination, WET REPUBLIC at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, will open its doors Friday, March 11 (Photo credit: Jeff Green).
Teaming up for another sizzling summer, MGM Grand and Angel Management Group will deliver non-stop parties at the adults-only summertime playground featuring an unprecedented line-up of sexy celebrities, international parties and world-renowned DJs. Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett, Kim Kardashian and many more are scheduled to flock to WET REPUBLIC and celebrate the start of the Vegas pool season.
Photo credit: Jeff Green.
“It’s evident that we made a mark in the industry when we opened WET REPUBLIC with MGM Grand in 2008 and truly created a unique daylife destination,” said Neil Moffitt, CEO of Angel Management Group. “We successfully transformed the customary Vegas pool party and produced an experience that is worth the wait, and this year we will take it to the next level by introducing innovative experiences that guests can only get only at the ultra pool.”
Photo credit: Jeff Green.
President and COO of MGM Grand Scott Sibella said, “Angel Management Group is the leader when it comes to incredible daylife pool experiences and we anticipate many more exciting events and celebrity appearances as we get ready for summer at WET REPUBLIC. Each year, we present creative, trend-setting concepts that bring an energetic vibe to the property. We are preparing for our guests to return and be a part of even more action-packed parties, fresh entertainment and stellar sets from the most celebrated DJs in the world.”
After delivering incredible parties to half a million sun-kissed trendsetters over the past three years, Angel Management Group will take over and assume full operational control of WET REPUBLIC for its fourth season. The Las Vegas-based lifestyle and nightlife company position the pool as the place to party by producing creative advertising and fresh marketing campaigns and delivering A-list celebrity and DJ appearances including Sean “Diddy” Combs, Jay-Z, Rihanna, Eva Longoria, Avril Lavigne, Ashlee Simpson, Jessica Simpson, Kim Kardashian, Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett, Will.i.am, DeadMau5, Afrojack, Sharam of Deep Dish, Steve Angello, Kaskade and more. This year, Angel Management Group will pull out all the stops to bring another great season that will top all the rest.
2011 opening line-up will include the following:
- Saturday, March 26: Join Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett, star of “Kendra” on E! and former “Girl Next Door,” as she spends the day sitting poolside to celebrate the start of season four at WET REPUBLIC. Kendra will get the party started as she hosts a day of fun in the sun.
- Sunday, April 3: Much-admired house DJs and producers Steve Angello of Swedish House Mafia, AN21 and Max Vangeli will invade WET REPUBLIC with the SIZE MATTERS 2011 tour and Winter Music Conference reunion. The threesome will rule the turntables as they exhibit an unbelievable show that marks the beginning of summer in Las Vegas.
- Sunday, April 10: WET REPUBLIC is proud to present David and Cathy Guetta’s legendary international party F*** Me I’m Famous to Sin City for the first time as they mix up the poolside party scene. Beginning April 10, and for 26 consecutive Sundays, the ultra pool will transform into a haven for bronzed bikini-clad partygoers to gather and dance under the sun as they lose themselves to the French-inspired tracks spun by acclaimed mixmasters. The iconic FMIF brand will change the meaning of ‘Daylife’ in Las Vegas as the destination will feature an Ibiza-like atmosphere, from the décor, to the DJs, music and more. Reaching beyond the traditional FMIF experience, WET REPUBLIC will incorporate many of the pieces inspired by the original party to create a thrilling experience for Sin City as if they were experiencing it while in Ibiza. Sun worshippers will be lining up to get a taste of the international party sensation, only available at the daylife destination.
- Saturday, April 16: Kim Kardashian will host a scorching poolside affair for the official grand opening of WET REPUBLIC. The reality television starlet will indulge in an afternoon under the sun and revel with partygoers as she takes a break from her busy schedule.
- Friday, April 29: The annual SpyOnVegas.com Hot 100 contest returns to WET REPUBLIC for the 2011 pool season. With a total of $100,000 in cash prizes awarded to the most beautiful ladies, this event is one of the greatest competitions witnessed in Las Vegas as the search continues for the hottest females. The top 100 women will be selected by a panel of local socialites over the course of several weeks, until the search is over and a winner is crowned at the end of the series.
WET REPUBLIC at MGM Grand is an alluring 53,000-square-foot venue comprised of two large saltwater pools, six intimate dipping pools, six tricked-out Bungalows and 16 Party Cabanas. The adult pool destination features a 2,500-square-foot open-air covered lounge serving as a place to mix, mingle, dance and dine. Unique culinary offerings, signature cocktails, premium bottle and pitcher service can be enjoyed in the lounge or ordered poolside. The venue boasts spacious day beds, water lounges located within the pool’s six-inch-deep wet deck and oversized deluxe chaise lounges. A 4,100-square-foot pool deck doubles as an entertainment stage for celebrity guests and entertainers at WET REPUBLIC’s weekly and monthly signature events. Eight state-of-the-art underwater speakers in the main pools complement the top-tier sound system. WET REPUBLIC features six cascading waterfalls to accent the vast poolscape and create the illusion of a never-ending flow of water throughout the venue. It is the only pool party venue in Las Vegas to offer a dedicated valet.
Open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Cover charges, bungalow and cabana rental costs vary. For reservations and more information, please call 702.891.3562 or visit www.wetrepublic.com. Guests must be 21 years or older.