As January 23 marked the start of the Chinese New Year, a celebration of prosperity and good fortune, many tourists will head to Las Vegas to try their luck, and they can also be delighted by authentic Chinese cuisine created exclusively in honor of the holiday by several restaurants on The Strip (Pictured above: Lemongrass at ARIA Casino & Resort).
With prix-fixe menus and special dishes paying homage to The Year of the Dragon, the Chinese lucky number eight and authentic Cantonese dim sum, restaurants at ARIA Resort & Casino, Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Monte Carlo and are all joining the festivities.
- ARIA Resort & Casino – The high-end, whimsically decorated Blossom is serving up a Cantonese Dim Sum menu featuring Steamed Chopped Spare Ribs, an extensive list of dumplings and more. For dinner, guests can choose from ultra-authentic specialties such as Braised Pig Feet and Spicy Jelly Fish Salad. Lemongrass will also offer authentic Thai cuisine, both available now through Wednesday, Feb. 1. For dining reservations, contact (702) 590-7111 or reserve online at www.arialasvegas.com.
- Bellagio – Jasmine and Noodles will offer guests a Dim Sum lunch buffet at each restaurant through Sunday, Jan. 29. For dining reservations, contact (702) 693-7223 or reserve online at www.bellagio.com.
- MGM Grand – At Grand Wok and Sushi Bar, a special menu celebrates the Chinese lucky number eight with prices that end with 88 cents, featuring traditional cuisine such as Black Moss with Dried Oyster and Mochi Red Bean Soup, available through Saturday, Feb. 4. Also at MGM Grand, Pearl will offer a traditional Chinese menu in addition to a Dim Sum lunch through Jan. 30 while Shibuya also will offer special dishes from through Friday, Jan. 27. For dining reservations and hours of operation, contact (702) 891-1111 or reserve online at www.mgmgrand.com.
- Mandalay Bay – Both the Bayside Buffet and Noodle Shop will have special offerings in celebration of the Chinese New Year, such as Dim Sum assortments and Lotus Leaf Wrapped Chicken at the buffet, as well as Crispy Roasted Squab and Braised Sea Cucumber at the Noodle Shop. Available for lunch and dinner through Thursday, Feb. 9 from 11 a.m. – 1 a.m. For dining reservations, contact (702) 632-7200 or reserve online at www.mandalaybay.com.
- The Mirage – Cravings Buffet is upgrading its Wok Station in honor of the holiday, with an extensive offering of Chinese favorites, from Shrimp Egg Rolls to General Tso Chicken to Beef Lo Mein. Also at The Mirage, Fin will be open for dinner and present special Chinese dishes through Monday, Jan. 30 from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. For dining reservations, contact (702) 791-7111 or reserve online at www.themirage.com.
- Monte Carlo – Today only, for $29 per guest, Dragon Noodle at Monte Carlo’s prix-fixe menu focuses on traditional Chinese cuisine and ingredients, with authentic dishes such as Gong Hei Fat Choy and Ha Ha Smile. For dining reservations, contact (702) 730-7965 or reserve online at www.montecarlo.com.
- Luxor – The newly opened Pan-Asian restaurant Rice & Co. is offering a prix-fixe menu for $65, featuring palate-pleasing dishes such as The Dragon Roll which is topped with avocado and caviar in celebration of The Year of the Dragon, through Thursday, Feb. 9. Open nightly from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m., dining reservations can be reserved online at www.luxor.com or by calling (702) 262-4000.