Culinary superstars Rick Moonen, Hubert Keller, Michael Mina, Susan Feniger, and more head to the Mandalay Bay Beach for an ultimate Surfside Soirée, Saturday, October 6 at 7 p.m part of Food & Wine All-Star Weekend (Pictured: Rick Moonen, Gail Simmons and Hubert Keller).
Food & Wine’s Gail Simmons will join the celebrity chefs in a star-studded event while guests taste signature dishes and cocktails from some of the best chefs and mixologists in the world. Live entertainment will complement the tastings and will make for an unforgettable evening as guests eat beside the crashing waves with the sand beneath their toes.
This is just one of the events at the third annual Food & Wine All-Star Weekend. Following two successful years at ARIA Resort & Casino and Bellagio, this is Mandalay Bay’s first year participating in Food & Wine All-Star Weekend. Restaurants from MGM Grand will also join the festivities for the first time this year.
Kicking off Friday, October 5, the weekend is filled with a talented line-up of celebrity chef superstars, distinguished sommeliers and sophisticated mixologists that should provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience for all guests who attend any of these events.
The incredible lineup of events includes:
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5
- Afternoon Tea. Dine like royalty with culinary expert Gail Simmons and Executive Pastry Chef Kamel Guechida and enjoy a selection of decadent French pastries while sipping the finest tea selections. 2-4 p.m. at Joël Robuchon in MGM Grand; $95
- Master Sommeliers Who Make Wine. Savor sumptuous creations from the world’s brightest wine experts. Five of the 129 Master Sommeliers in North America will be at Bellagio to share their adventures of producing their own wine labels. 3-4:30 p.m. at Tuscany Kitchen in Bellagio; $85
- Tequila Tasting Happy Hour. Enjoy more than 15 different types of premium tequila with Chopped Champion Chef Christina Olivarez along with some of the Chef’s culinary specialties. 2-4 p.m. at Diego inside MGM Grand; $50
- Sweet Strip Viewing. Join Executive Chef Bruno Riou, Executive Pastry Chef Orady Ditgnavong and Master Chocolatier Vincent Pilon for signature cocktails and gourmet desserts with the best view of The Strip: miX. 9-11 p.m. at miX inside THEhotel at Mandalay Bay; $125
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6
- French Cooking Demo and Feast. Master the art of French cooking with Executive Chefs Claude Le-Tohic and Steve Benjamin as they expertly guide you through the preparation of two legendary Joël Robuchon signature courses, followed by a three-course lunch with wine pairings. 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in MGM Grand; $110
- All-Star Lunch. Join ARIA’s stable of powerhouse chefs including Masa Takayama, Shawn McClain, Jean-Philippe Maury, Michael Mina, Julian Serrano and Jean-Georges Vongerichten as they prepare your one-of-a-kind meal served in the alluring ambiance of Sage. 12:30-2:30 p.m. at Sage in ARIA; $150
- Charlie Palmer Seasonal Cooking Demonstration. Learn from Celebrity Chef Charlie Palmer of Aureole as part of an exclusive group of guests and enjoy an interactive cooking demonstration highlighting seasonal fall fare. 3-4:30 p.m. at Aureole in Mandalay Bay; $100
- Ultimate Champagne & Sashimi. Enjoy ultra-fresh sashimi paired with the world’s best champagne with Michelin-starred Chef Masa Takayama – stay late for the Toro Caviar, Chef Masa’s signature dish. 3-4:30 p.m. at barMASA in ARIA; $150
- Wine Tasting & Food Pairing Featuring Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak. Take advantage of a rare opportunity to taste the most exclusive wine on the Las Vegas Strip – Ghost Horse Wine. The label was previously only available at Todd Anderson’s vineyard. Anderson will personally serve his rare Californian wine along with Craftsteak’s meticulously marinated meats and other indulgent, gourmet, comfort-food specialties. –9 p.m. at Craftsteak in MGM Grand; $275
- Surfside Soirée. Enjoy signature recipes by a collection of the world’s greatest chefs at an extraordinary beachside tasting event at Mandalay Bay Beach. Savor culinary creations from some of Vegas’ most talented celebrity chefs including Rick Moonen, Hubert Keller and Michael Mina. Live music and cocktails will complement the spectacular dishes at an unforgettable Vegas beach party. 7-10 p.m. at Mandalay Bay Beach; $257
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 7
- Jasmine Dreams of Dim Sum & Champagne. For the grand finale, join Bellagio’s Master Sommelier Jason Smith and FOOD & WINE’S Gail Simmons for a luxurious brunch of modern and traditional dim sum paired with champagne while overlooking the beautiful backdrop of the Fountains of Bellagio. 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Jasmine in Bellagio; $125
For the detailed event schedule, to purchase tickets and for more information about Food & Wine All-Star Weekend, visit mgmresorts.com/foodandwine/.