Rodeo Way presented by Lucas Oil, one of the six main features of Cowboy FanFest, will feature unique exhibits that highlight the best of the rodeo world (Image courtesy of Tom Donoghue).
Designed and built to look like an old Western town, Rodeo Way will feature thirteen interactive booths. Each booth is specially decorated allowing fans to experience a wide array of memorabilia and rodeo history.
Exhibitors include Cheyenne Frontier Days, Days of ’76 Rodeo, Helldorado Days, History of the NFR, Indian National Finals Rodeo, Miss Rodeo America, NFR After Dark, Reno Rodeo, Rodeo Salinas, San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo, Sutton Rodeo, Tucson Rodeo and the Women’s Professional Rodeo Association.
Free and open to the public, FanFest will feature 100,000 square feet of the best of the Western lifestyle, giving fans a chance to enjoy the best that rodeo has to offer. Located adjacent to the Cowboy Christmas Gift Show, FanFest will run concurrently with the Wrangler NFR and the Cowboy Christmas Gift Show, from Thursday, Dec. 6 through Saturday, Dec. 15 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
In addition to Rodeo Way, Cowboy FanFest will include the following main anchor displays and programming elements:
- Rodeo Live Stage – A live stage for performances by Academy of Country Music artists, Outside the Barrel with Flint Rasmussen and a variety of specialty entertainment, including special guest appearances and a battle of the bands competition;
- Rodeo Round-Up and A Taste of Rodeo – An experience featuring themed food and specialty drinks;
- Rodeo Arena – Sponsored by Wrangler and Priefert, this is a venue for exhibitions, mutton bustin’, Rodeo 101 clinics and other specialty acts. The arena will provide another area to experience or even participate;
- Rodeo Interactive – An area for interactive booths to entertain fans during the ten days of rodeo, including King of the Reach and Slicks and Sticks;
- Second Stage – Sponsored by Cuttin’ Up Radio, the second stage will bring additional live acts and programming, fashion shows and much more.
A full diagram of Cowboy FanFest can be found at www.NFRexperience.com. The schedule of events will be announced at a later date.
The addition of Cowboy FanFest will add yet another event during the early part of December in Las Vegas. Known as the NFR experience, the ten days of rodeo transform the look and feel of the “Entertainment Capital of the World.” Each year, thousands of rodeo enthusiasts decked out in jeans, boots and cowboy hats fill hotels, casinos, restaurants, shopping malls and showrooms. In addition, there are more than 20 hotel sponsors that support the Wrangler NFR and book some of the brightest stars in country music.
Sold out for 260 consecutive performances, the Wrangler NFR attracts the top 15 contestants in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing and bull riding as they compete for a share of the $6.125 million purse. Qualification is based on the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association World Standings.
For more information on the Wrangler NFR and Cowboy FanFest, please visit www.NFRexperience.com.