As a testament to Imagine Exhibitions’ commitment to the Las Vegas arts and educational communities, Da Vinci – The Genius is now offering free admission for children ages 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult throughout the remainder of the exhibition’s run at The Venetian.
“We wanted to thank the local community for their ongoing support of Da Vinci – The Genius,” said Tom Zaller, CEO and Founder of Imagine Exhibitions. “By offering free admission for kids, both returning and first-time visitors have another reason to experience the exhibition before its limited engagement must close on January 27, 2013.”
Da Vinci – The Genius, the most comprehensive exploration of da Vinci’s works ever created, is an enlightening, interactive experience that offers the perfect activity to engage young minds while they are out of school for their holiday vacation. The exhibition also welcomes older students with a valid school ID for a special discounted price of $17.
Featuring more than 200 pieces in 13 themed areas, kids and parents, alike, will enjoy pushing, pulling and cranking their way through the following highlights at Da Vinci – The Genius:
- A new Leonardo da Vinci discovery: a bronze cast of the only known Leonardo sculpture surviving today, “Horse and Rider.” Made from the mold of a beeswax statue dating back over 500 years, the sculpture has been authenticated to come from the hands of Renaissance Master, Leonardo da Vinci by the foremost authority on his life and works, Professor Carlo Pedretti.
- More than 75 life-size machine inventions crafted by Italian Artisans, many using techniques and materials from the Renaissance period. Scouring over 6,000 pages from da Vinci’s personal codices (notebooks), the Artisans deciphered hidden clues, intentional mistakes and mirror-image writing that da Vinci employed to keep his works top secret.
- The illustrious Secrets of Mona Lisa exhibit, featuring the findings of French scientific engineer and examiner of fine art, Pascal Cotte. Granted unprecedented access, Cotte took “Mona Lisa” out of its frame at The Louvre to conduct an in-depth analysis of history’s most elusive work of art. Cotte’s study revealed dozens of secrets, and is showcased by 40 super-magnified, high-resolution sectional images exploring every aspect of the work.
- Explorations of da Vinci’s most famous artwork, including three dimensional renderings and analyses of “The Last Supper,” the “Vitruvian Man and the “Sforza Horse.” Guests can gain new perspectives on incredible reproductions of “Virgin of the Rocks,” “The Annunciation,” the controversial new Leonardo discovery “Bella Principessa,” da Vinci’s anatomical sketches, and preparatory drawings of the “Anghiari Battle.”
- Interactive touch-screen tablets offering in-depth explanations about da Vinci’s theories and ideas while connecting them to modern inventions.
Da Vinci – The Genius’ limited engagement in Las Vegas will conclude on January 27, 2013. The exhibition is open daily to the public from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Tickets prices are as follows: $25 for general admission; $23 for seniors 65 and older; $20 for Nevada residents; and $10 off admission for veterans with a valid ID throughout the month of November. Tickets can be purchased at Imagine Exhibitions Gallery, The Venetian box office or online at www.Venetian.com.