Registration Open for 21st Annual Susan G. Komen Las Vegas Race for the Cure

Registration Open for 21st Annual Susan G. Komen Las Vegas Race for the Cure
The Las Vegas Office of Susan G. Komen Nevada is pleased to announce that registration for the 21st Annual Race for the Cure , is open and available at

The Race, will be held on Saturday, May 7 at 8:15 a.m. at the Fremont Street Experience in historic downtown Las Vegas. This one-day event raises hundreds of thousands of dollars to find a cure for breast cancer and provide life-saving breast health services to Southern Nevada. Up to 75 percent of the Komen Las Vegas Race for the Cure’s net income stays in Nevada to fund screening, treatment and education programs for the medically underserved. The remaining 25 percent is directed strictly to research to help find cures.

“We are tremendously excited to be celebrating our 21st Anniversary Komen Las Vegas Race for the Cure! We have seen enormous changes in the landscape of breast health services because of the funds that this event has been able to generate from our incredible participants, sponsors and those who donate from near and far. We are truly beyond grateful for the way Komen Nevada and the Race for the Cure has been embraced for the past two decades,” says Stephanie Kirby, Komen Southern Nevada executive director.

Participants can register online, by mail or in-person at the Las Vegas office (1091 S. Cimarron Road, Suite A-4) for the 5K, which is approximately 3.2 miles, or a 1-Mile Fun Walk. Registration at the pre-Race expo will be located at 7311 W. Lake Mead Blvd., on the southwest corner of Lake Mead and Tenaya.

This location will be open on Wednesday, May 4 and Thursday, May 5 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday, May 6 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Race will start at the intersection of Las Vegas Boulevard and Clark Avenue and will finish at the intersection of Fremont East and 6th Street. Survivors and their guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast inside the Pretty in Pink Cafe starting at 6 a.m. with festivities on the Third Street Stage beginning at 6:45 a.m.

Runners and walkers may form teams of 10 or more people, join existing teams or participate as individuals. Race registration fee is $30 for individuals and $25 for team members. Race day registration is $40 and will be available in the Jackie Gaughan Parkway, located directly off Las Vegas Boulevard and Ogden. Children, ages 2-12, and babies are welcome to participate in the Race for $10. Running and walking is acceptable on either route. Free parking is available on Race Day at Cashman Cashman Center and at the Molasky Corporate Center located on City Parkway near Ogden.

For the sixth year, MGM Resorts International is sponsoring Kids for the Cure, a fun-filled activity area designed for kids of all ages located at 4th Street and Fremont Street Experience. Kids for the Cure will feature carnival games, live stage entertainment, snacks and raffle prizes. Parents will be able to participate in the annual Baby Crawl with their children on the Kids for the Cure stage and take home a picture from the photo booth compliments of Cashman Photo.

Those unable to participate on Race Day may register for Sleep In for the Cure and receive a special Sleep In t-shirt. Komen supporters may also register for Sleep In for the Cure through the end of May and have the t-shirt mailed directly to them.

Entertainment at the Race will be provided by a variety of singers and dancers but, most notably, the Jabbawockeez and the cast of Rock of Ages who will be singing a number from their very popular show which is performed nightly at the Rio All Suite Hotel & Casino. The Jabbawockeez are a stunning dance troupe with awe-inspiring choreography and perform at the Luxor Las Vegas.

The Komen Nevada Affiliate is one of 110 Komen Affiliates worldwide – all pledging to relieve suffering from the disease and to end breast cancer forever. Through local events and activities, the Komen Nevada Affiliate mobilizes and educates thousands of community members while raising funds to support community-based breast cancer programs.

For more information visit or call (702) 822-2324. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

Comments are closed.