Last updated: October 12, 2021
VegasNews.com LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Vegasnews.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
We use your Personally Identifiable Information (“Personal Information”) for providing and improving the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal Information may include but is not limited to: your name, email address, zip or postal code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, demographic information, and any other personal information you choose to provide.
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our online Services, including the hardware model and operating system and version.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Conduct internal research and development and make business decisions about current and future product and service offerings;
- Detect, protect against and prevent security incidents and illegal or unauthorized activities, investigate complaints and claims and provide other security protections, such as identity verification;
- Protect users of our Services from fraudulent, malicious, deceptive, abusive or unlawful activities of others;
- Debug and repair errors in our products and Services and other activities to maintain and improve the quality and safety of our products and Services;
- Cooperate with law enforcement and protect the rights (including free speech), interests, safety, or property of Vegas News or our customers, service providers, and other third parties;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory obligations and respond to governmental requests;
- Enforce our policies, terms, and conditions, or other agreements;
- Defend against or pursue claims, disputes, or litigation – in court or elsewhere
- Carry out any other purpose readily apparent to you or described to you at the time the personal information is collected.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such personal information to carry out work on our behalf, including companies that assist us with web hosting, fraud prevention, customer service, analytics, marketing, and advertising;
- If you are a U.S. customer, with our banking partners;
- In response to a request for personal information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- By publicly posting, at our discretion, your product review or other user content if you provide one; and
With your consent or at your direction
Our retention periods for personal information are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the personal information was collected and any other permissible, related purpose.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
Collection and Use of Personal Information: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, information subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, professional or employment-related information, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, inferences drawn about you and other categories of personal information that relate to, describe or are reasonably capable of being associated with you.
For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources from which we collect this personal information, please see “Information Collection and Use” above.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena.